Surf City Pier
112 South Shore Drive
Surf City, NC 28445
Open 24 hours every day
Topsail Island's first ocean pier, the Surf City Pier, was originally built in 1948. It has been owned and operated by the Lore family since 1973. Though it has weathered many storms (some better than others), Hurricane Fran destroyed it in 1996. It was totally rebuilt and reopened in August of 1997, looking much like it does today including a few additions. The Surf City Pier comes complete with large assortment of bait, fully stocked tackle shop, an eclectic collection of souvenirs fresh ground chuck burger's from the grill, and a screened in dining area.
The pier is 937 feet long with a 40-foot octagon at the end. Also included are two large fish cleaning stations with fresh running water.